Monday, July 18, 2005

New Eagle in Atlanta

As much as I try to avoid recruiting news, I felt the need to include something on the latest commit. Marietta, Georgia native and Walton High School's starting Quarterback Ross Applegate verballed to Boston College last week.


Ross is a big kid (TOB’s QB prototype) and plays for a perennial power here is Georgia. He is not as heralded as other Metro Atlanta QBs, but had interest from many other ACC schools. What excites me -- aside from the Atlanta aspect -- is that he plays at a high-level of competition. I think one of the differences between Paul Peterson (who came from a high-level Junior College) and Quinton Porter and a lesser extent Brian St. Pierre, was that Peterson played with and against many DIA players prior to BC. Porter and BSP did not. Walton sends kids to division IA and IAA schools every year. Ross should be prepared for the pressure, speed and rigors of playing in the ACC.


Also, here is a BC preview from Pack Pride. Some things are a little off, but that is to be expected. I am sure fans of other ACC schools will note my mistakes when I start talking out of my ass previewing their teams.

No comments: