Friday, September 30, 2005

BC on the go

Aside from having one of the first Tivos off the assembly line, I am not an early technology adopter. I am just too damn cheap. So the only cellphone I have is one that comes with the free sign ups. I'll keep it until someone else offers me another free phone. Therefore, I don’t have the latest in phone technology. But for those who do, loyal reader Bob V. sent along these instructions on how to listen to Saturday’s game on your hand held wireless.

"If you have a Treo 600 or 650 or any other other Palm OS cell phone or device with wireless access, you can download an application called Pocket Tunes:

http://www.pocket-tunes.com

(15 day free trial if you decide to keep it, you need the 'deluxe' version for streaming which is $34)

Once it is on your phone, if you go to the website of WZBC Boston College Radio:

http://www.wzbc.org

and select the 28k mono stream, it will play flawlessly.


I’ll be at home with the laptop flipping back between WRKO and WZBC

No comments: