Friday, August 10, 2007

It looks good on you, though

All the uniform questions were answered. First, we are still a Reebok school (and still using Reebok Red, although it is more maroonish). I guess the Adidas thing will wait. Second, the new eagle logo is on the sleeve. The slanty numbers are back and gold on the home uni. We also will be using an all white uniform for the first time in my memory. I like the tweaks to the home uni, but don't like the all whites. Regardless, we needed to freshen things up and we are moving in the right direction.



4 comments:

LAEagle said...

i think im the only one who likes the all whites...like a BAMA or other SEC POWERHOUSE...all business...its much better than the all-maroon outfit anyway

downtown_resident said...

The all-white unis absolutely suck. Why take a couple of great colors like maroon and gold and de-emphasize them? Have we ever worn all white? If not, I really don't like the departure from our tradition. (If so, I temper my comments somewhat.)

The eagle is still cartoonish but definitely blows away the angry chicken, although the continuation of the slanted numbers is lame as well. I hate to say it, but I think it's a net negative for some of college football's classiest uniforms.

Unknown said...

Do these uni's come with a free bowl of soup?

But seriously, I'm for the new looks, including the whites. I just wish we would do away with the italics, and ideally with the names on the back all together.

MattYIce12 said...

I think the new uniforms are great.

The gold numbers on the maroon jerseys look fantastic, great change. The white pants are a fresh new look while still maintaining a good amount of maroon & gold. From what I hear, they will only be wearing the all-whites a couple times a year and they'll bring back the old white/gold road look. Can't wait to see the Maroon/White look at home.

A few subtle changes made to the old style make the new uniform a hit.