Tuesday, April 22, 2008

ATL_eagle Scouting Service, Part 1

This looks at the two BC defensive backs that hope to get drafted this weekend.

Jamie Silva, S

The scout's take: Great technique and instincts. Questionable speed and deep coverage skills.


My take: I actually agree with the scouts on Silva. His weakness has always been his coverage skills. He did a great job reading QBs and jumping routes, but against fast WRs, he had trouble keeping up downfield. I think he'll be a solid NFL contributor as a special teamer and nickel back.


DeJuan Tribble, CB

The scout's take: Very good corner in zone...not ideal size and has character issues.


My take: I don't think size or speed is an issue for Tribble. I question his desire. He seemed to lose interest/focus as the season progressed. Was it a lingering injury? Who knows. All I do know is that he went from being a shutdown guy early in the season to a liability even before he got injured. Maybe I am letting my frustration with his passive punt returns cloud my judgement. It wouldn't surprise me to see Tribble go undrafted. I think he'll have to prove himself around the NFL.

1 comment:

Ed said...

Jamie Silva ~ John Lynch

You're not drafting them for coverage. You're drafting them for impact hits, intensity, energy, and instincts.