Friday, May 08, 2009

When in Rome...

Although they should know by now, today I confirmed to my in-laws that I am a little different. We are in Oxford, Mississippi for my youngest sister in-law's graduation. As I mentioned on twitter, John Grisham ate lunch two tables over from us. My reaction "meh." We didn't break out the cameras and I insisted on leaving him alone. Later in the day we toured around campus including sneaking into Vaught-Hemingway Stadium. Now I got excited. My wife: "You don't care about John Grisham but you get excited about a bunch of seats and astroturf!?" I didn't correct here that Ole Miss actually uses fieldturf, not astroturf. My pics below. The final pic is of an Ole Miss birdhouse. When will BC license one of those?










4 comments:

Big Ern said...

One of the funnest places I have ever seen a game live. Never seen as much pride about a school/campus as what I witnessed at Ole Miss. Only knock is that it makes alumni seem chock a block full. Nobody makes it inside the stadium before the beginning over the 2nd quarter.

Lally said...

ATL -

You laugh, but my parents have a BC birdhouse. Let me see if I can find out where it came from.

Erik said...

Best I can do, my dad has a bucket for bottle caps sitting below a bottle opener in the back yard. He custom-pained it to say "Bottle Caps" but the B and C are in gold, and shaped like the BC logo.

He did this himself, I'm sure you could find a way to paint your own birdhouse Maroon & gold, or put some sticker decals on one, the a sealant.

Lally said...

http://www.onlinesports.com/pages/I,BRD-12201.html

This isnt even the one they own. But its the only one I can find on google.