Friday, August 14, 2015

What Vegas thinks as we approach the season

Even as we hear good things about the young talent or add a transfer or two, the oddsmakers haven't really changed their opinion of BC. Sports Book Review still has us going under the 6-win mark and only beating Maine, Howard, Northern Illinois, Syracuse and Wake. 

They also see BC starting out strong and then struggling as the second half of the season gets harder. I understand that logic, but think the backloaded schedule helps a young team like BC. I think pulling off an upset or two is more likely after gaining confidence early in the season.

I will have my season predictions in a week or two, but articles like this feed my optimism. 

1 comment:

RJ said...

I'd gladly take that bet. I think 6 or 7 is definitely doable.